Monday, December 8, 2008

groggy math~

This morning I argued with my husband...my alarm clock went off at 4:45, but I hit the snooze until I finally got up at 5:21...in a groggy stupor, both of us argued about how many times it has gone off...with a snooze time of nine minutes, we each tried to do math in our heads and argued about the sum total of its alarming interruption that was supposed to be getting me up! While putting on my robe and making my way downstairs, I was loudly whispering (so not to wake the kids) that it was only three snoozes...He insisted back that it had gone off five times, and I kept insisting back that it was only three...back and forth till I was down the stairs...He was right...yuck... but I wanted to be right, doesn't that count for something...

Later today, I have to apologize...not fun...but necessary...I hate when the two contradict...ugg...The partnership of my marriage is the most important, and meaningful earthly relationship I experience, yet so often it can get pushed into the background as our children and life’s activities begin to crowd my emotion, my energy and my time. Though I believe in the importance of being a strong mom that is focused and purposeful... I firmly believe that most assuredly the greatest relationship in my life is my marriage! Other than my Lord, he is my life, my partner, my lover, and my best friend...and I have to believe that through that understanding I can love my children better, more appropriately, and more fully~ Though my actions fail miserably sometimes...

So now...I work up to the apology..."I am sorry, babe...you were right...it was five! Just kick me next time!"

No comments: